MAXWELLTOWN HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNITY COUNCIL
The purpose and membership of the School Community Council
The reason for setting up the School Community Council is to allow parents, staff, pupils and members of the wider community a forum and opportunity to:
- Have an input to the life and work of the school ( fundraising, whole school events, awards evenings, Celebrations of Achievements, trips, etc)
- Represent parents/pupils/staff/wider community views
- Represent parents/pupils/staff/wider community on working groups/focus groups etc
- Inform change and improvements to school and wider community
- Be involved in the process of staff recruitment
The current membership of the school council includes: five parents, two pupils, 2 teachers,4 councillors and three members of the wider community.
The School Community Council meetings are organised and chaired by Ms M Smith, Headteacher.
The agendas and notes of the Council meetings will be posted on the school website for all members of the school community to see and respond to.
If you wish to become involved in the School Community Council, please contact Ms Smith at school.